1) Bitfinex Ethereum [ETH]: Bitfinex, a leading cryptocurrency exchange, witnessed a slump of around 50 percent of its Ethereum [ETH], which was stored in its cold wallet. This decline was pointed by a Twitter user Andrew Rennhack.
2) Massive Price Surge: Following the news about Bitcoin crossing the $6,000-market, almost all altcoins witnessed a sharp turn of events as the market momentum reversed and pushed the coins by significant amounts to break immediate resistances.
3) Bitfinex launches EURS, XCHF, and WBTC trading: The exchange posted a tweet which stated, “We are pleased to introduce trading for Stasis Euro (EURS), CryptoFranc (XCHF) and Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC).” Bitfinex’s blog about the same stated that the trading for the above-mentioned assets has been enabled.
4) Bitbuy’s Proof of Reserve, Security Audit report: Following the call for increased regulation and transparency and in an effort to boost consumer confidence, fellow-Canadian exchange, Bitbuy, released its Proof of Reserve and Security Audit report.
5) David Schwartz on bank account closure: In a Twitter rant, Ripple’s Chief Technology Officer, David Schwartz, advised NeuNer of “never doing any crypto-related transactions” from his “primary bank”.
6) Bitcoin, Blockchain and industrial cannabis: Grandshores Technology, a major Chinese industry player, grabbed headlines after it agreed to buy a 40 percent stake in Hanzhou Yupu Trading, a famous Chinese industrial hemp producer.